Comparing Contraceptive Methods

Contraception is not an option,it’s a basic health care necessity
#sex
#contraception

This category should contain information in English, please don’t forget it!

You can also use tags to make easier to find your participation.

Get set!

2 Likes

The forum is sponsored by Women First Digital (WFD)
WFD is an e-health platform that works globally to reduce the rate of unsafe abortions and broaden contraceptive awareness.

Our topic is “Comparing Contraceptive Methods”

1 Like

If you are on the forum please indicate and let’s discuss

2 Likes

What does contraception mean to you?

2 Likes

Most people don’t know much about contraception especially in Sierra Leone

2 Likes

Exactly
The awareness is minimal and it’s our duty to broaden it’s awareness. Most women fail to realise it’s also a basic health care necessity

2 Likes

Okay so what are the ways that we can use to broaden their awareness

1 Like

Contraception in simpler terms is a way to prevent pregnancy

Is a mean of preventing unwanted pregnancy

1 Like

One way could be to explain to women it’s importance.
Why do you think women need to use contraceptive methods?

To prevent unwanted pregnancy I guess

1 Like

You’re right
Most women above 30 in Sierra Leone hardly use contraceptives as a means of birth control and end up with pregnancies they term as “mistake”

How many available contraceptive methods do we know?

1 Like

More of advertising and awareness raising… among people who hardly get access to the internet.

1 Like

But most women are afraid to take contraceptives because they say it stops their menstrual flow and gives them bolted stomach that make them look as if they are pregnant

Women needs to use Contraceptives if they are planing to have a well structured and a family they can mange very well. And secondly I think any woman who is sexually active and she is still in school should make contraceptives as her best friend. Because it will help her finish school with no unwanted pregnancy. #sex

That is one of the side effects that prevents women from using contraceptives especially in Sierra Leone.

1 Like

I must say two: Captain band, and pills. that’s because they are frequently named and I don’t really know too much about the others.

1 Like

Those are the widely used in Sierra Leone and are the only ones we talk about.

Copyright © 2020. Find My Method. All rights reserved.