Let’s talk about STIs

Do we really know STIs? Can we identify which STI it is when we experience certain symptoms? Let’s talk about STIs

1 Like

Hey everyone! When you do join us, let us know your expectations for this discussion. Thank youuuuu

1 Like

I expect to learn how to identify STIs in a way more practical manner

We’re hoping to find out the common STIs we encounter and how to identify them

Thank you very much. We hope to meet your expectations

Very well noted John

Heyy.
I hope by the end of the discussion we would be able to identify common symptoms of STIs and places where people can get treatment without judgement :new_moon_with_face:

2 Likes

So I’d want to start now. Our topic today is STIs (Sexually transmitted infections). As the name suggests, they’re infections gotten through sexual contact which could be oral, anal or vaginal. Can everyone name at least two that they know?

My expectations - I would like to learn how to discuss STIs with persons with little to no experience in the health sector.

1 Like

Please I want to add without judgement to mine too🙈

1 Like

Gonorrhoea
Syphilis

Seem to be the most commonly spoken about STIs in Ghana.

1 Like

Gonorrhoea and Syphillis

1 Like

HIV and herpes virus

1 Like

Chlamydia
Trichomoniasis

2 Likes

So there’s a long list of STIs. The common ones are gonorrhoea, syphilis, chlamydia, genital herpes and genital warts. Others are HIV, HPV (human papilloma virus), HBV (hepatitis B virus), bacterial vaginosis etc

Chancroid
Hepatitis B

1 Like

You’re all correct! Who has experienced any of the STIs or has a friend who has and wants to tell us about the symptoms

I have a friend who got diagnosed of hepatitis b, she never had any symptoms, she took a test when she entered a serious relationship with a man and got diagnosed

1 Like

Let’s start with gonorrhoea. Gonorrhea can be gotten through oral, anal or vaginal sex. A lot of people who have gonorrhoea do not show any symptoms however, one can start experiencing the symptoms as early as one day after the action with someone who has it and as late as 2 weeks. It usually presents as a clear or milky discharge from the penis in men. For women, they may have abnormal vagina discharge, bleeding outside their period or even excessive bleeding during their period

There’s this story I found on how this lady realized her menstrual cramps had become unbearable and her periods had become heavier. She went to get checked and discovered she had gonorrhoea. This story struck me because it is something we would never think about

1 Like
Copyright © 2020. Find My Method. All rights reserved.