Things I wish i knew about sex and contraceptives before i became sexually active

Hi all,
I believe that everyone who is sexually active today has a coming of age story to tell. Some are beautiful, some we regret or wish we knew better. Today, i would like to hear from you about things you wish you knew about sex and contraceptives before you became sexually active. Kinda like the stuff you would tell to your younger self.
Lets go!

1 Like

I wish I knew that it’s best to seek medical advice before getting contraceptives.

3 Likes

Why do you say this?

1 Like

I did not have education on the possible negative effects of hormonal contraceptives on my hormonal panel which greatly affected my life

3 Likes

I wish I knew about sex and hygiene and the do’s and donts

3 Likes

Oh, no!I have heard about experiences similar to yours. Honestly, i think most women use the contraceptives that they have seen other women use, rather than what is right for their bodies.It doesn’t help that there is no-where in our school curriculum where we are taught about contraceptives.

3 Likes

I wish i new sex would be by choice

3 Likes

What specifics aspects of sex and hygiene. I think it will be interesting to hear about this issue since most people are unaware about it’s importance.

Aki i also do remember being taught about consent when i was growing up.I thought boys are in charge of sex.Weh!

1 Like

Very true? But some men don’t undrdtand .

1 Like

True. Sex used to sound like such a terrible thing first so there was so much fear surrounding it and women grew up being taught to be objects to offer pleasure.

3 Likes

Like how to clean yourself after sex to avoid infections,things like fingering,is it an ok thing

2 Likes

Me tew i thought it could only by men or boys

1 Like

I support you at 100%

1 Like

That emergency pills shouldn’t be used frequently! I wish i knew that. I also wish i knew that my body wasn’t to be given to just anybody just coz they claim to like me or do something for me.

3 Likes

Yeah, imagine just being the giver of pleasure and never a receiver. Yani you are just there being used. But i guess religious and cultural influences which basically try to position women as reproductive being only has something to do with this.

Me too,and that you don’t have to give sex to a man for him to love you.If he loves you he loves you with or without sexes

2 Likes

Yes. Cultural and societal norms play a big part in this

1 Like

Actually some people infect you with bacteria through their dirty fingers. People should learn the importance of hygiene before and after sex.

2 Likes

This is absolutely true! I thought boys had a right to my body! :woman_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes
Copyright © 2020. Find My Method. All rights reserved.